BetterUnite offers Text to Donate for our users. This effective and easily adopted fundraising technology is an exciting and promising addition to your development suite of tools.
To find out more about EVENT MESSAGING, please take a look HERE.
- Go to Settings (the gear icon in the top right of the navigation bar) and click on Text to Donate.
- Click on Configure Messaging to initiate a list of pre-populated telephone numbers associated with the area code listed on your profile.
- Select the number that you like best - this number will be your organization's text only phone number and will be used for texting pledge amounts and donations as well as for text to bid within our silent auction module.
- You are then able to associate Short Codes with all of your active fundraisers. Under Fundraiser Short Codes you will find all of your active fundraisers listed and an auto-generated number listed beside each, under Short Code. Click Change and you are then able to change the number, write a word or short phrase next to each fundraiser.
- When a donor texts your Short Code to your Text to Donate number, they are sent a link to click on to complete their pledged transaction. If they do not complete their donation when they initiate the text donation, the supporter will receive a reminder text the following day, then they will receive a second and final reminder 2 days after that (24 hours and 72 hours later, respectively).
- If you are considering using the Text to Donate feature as a call to action at a large event or in combination with a silent auction, please contact us at email@example.com at least 1 week in advance of your event. There are performance throttles applied by law for each number and carrier where only 1 message can be sent from a number per 1 second. Depending on the type of your text-to-give campaign or event, this is perfectly within the expected response times for your donors. However, if you are expecting a large number of donors to simultaneously send inbound text messages, then this throttle may cause delays in responses back to the sender as responses will be auto-throttled. This throttle is out of BetterUnite's control and is the law. However, we can increase your campaign's allotted outbound phone numbers to allow for such a scale to still have acceptable response times. This scale-out option is available to you at no charge; however, notifying us of your upcoming event is imperative, as we will then scale up your messaging service capabilities accordingly.